We are required to have business car insurance before we hit the road for work. If your job means that you have to use it for travelling to and from business meetings, it may be worth your while to invest in business car insurance.
Why Should I Invest in Business Car Insurance?
Every insurance provider is different and there is a number of things Business car insurance can cover:
- Travelling between different work locations
- Visiting customers
- Driving around other employees
- Any journey made on behalf of the company
You may be at risk of higher premiums for business car insurance, however, it should not be avoided. Sticking with standard cover could mean that your policy could be invalidated if the worst was to happen.
Business Car Insurance Quotes
Before you get started it is important that you know everything you need to know about your vehicle before you begin the process.
Insurance and comparison sites will ask you a number of questions, for example, the nature of your work, how long you spend in your business car and your estimated mileage for the year.
Understand the different levels of cover
Every business car owner is unique which means that there is not a standard business car insurance policy.
You will find that your insurance company will offer you a selection of choices, most commonly, business drivers will fall into one of the following three categories:
- Business use by you – these only cover the main driver of the car. Sometimes it is possible to add a spouse. This policy works well for salespeople.
- Business use for all drivers – If a number of employees are required to drive the car then this can be possible with business use for all drivers. More than one driver can be included in the policy.
- Commercial traveling policies – This policy was designed to cater for people who drive for a living, therefore, they are in their car for a number of hours. Due to the higher risk, these policies are usually more expensive and it will be reflected in the policy price.
Insurance can be difficult to understand and there are a number of other policies which cover company cars, e.g. motor fleet insurance and motor trade insurance.
Get a good deal
Hey, we all like a good deal at the end of the day and the best way to do this is to compare a selection of quotes from business car insurance comparison services.
The cost of cover will depend on the type of car you are using, therefore, if your car is simply for business use, you could consider an economical car with a smaller engine.
You will find that buying a smaller car will reduce running costs and premiums that you are offered from insurance companies could be lower in cost.
There are also opportunities for you to reduce your premium by installing security devices like steering locks and tracking systems.