If one is looking for an option to have a secure access to online data and want to deal with safe data transaction online, then one can choose to use services of virtual data rooms. The virtual data rooms are the best alternative that helps to keep data secured digitally as well as physically on the web while making it easily accessible to any part of the world. This access is provided in controlled environments and each individual is granted the required access to the data.
Once you decide to use virtual data room for information exchange, you need to look for different security features that the data room provider is dealing with. It is important for you to know how secure each system is and so below is presented some of the best tips shortlisted by venue virtual data room to attain a high level security through the online data rooms:
Encryption is one of the processes that encode the information in order to prevent the authorized parties from reading it. Only that parties for whom the message is meant for is allowed to access the information and can read the messages by decrypting it. Some of the data room providers provide 128 bit AES encryption while others use 256 bit encryption process. For any of the intent as well as purposes both the encryption process are extremely secure.
Look for the certifications
Certifications are usually a merit badge that signifies that the process or the product meets up certain standards that are defined by an auditing authority. There are certain certifications as well as standards for almost for each product or process these days. As a result, when it comes to virtual data rooms, the vendors look for different certifications that are related with the security standards of the product. There are different criteria based on which the certification of the product is defined. Some of them are:
- Security: This ensures that system is protected against the unauthorized access in both- physical as well as logical terms.
- Processing Integrity: This ensures that the system processing is complete, timely, accurate as well as authorized.
- Availability: This ensures that the system is generally available for the operation and uses it as a committed or agreed purpose.
- Confidentiality: This ensures that the information is designated as the confidential and is protected as the agreed or committed.
- Privacy: This ensures that the personal information is collected, used, disclosed, retained as well as destroyed in the conformity with the commitments within the entity’s privacy notice. It also ensures about the criteria set forth in the Generally Accepted Privacy Principles that are issued by the AICPA and CICA.
Most probable security checks
Along with discussing over 128 bit or 256 bit encryption technique, one should also focus on the features that protect the documents from some common security threats. One can look for the multi-factor authentications that usually requires users, not to just enter passwords but also for randomly generating codes that are sent to other devices. The dynamically generated watermarks are also one of the security features of a virtual data room.
Thus, these were some of the significant considerations that are necessary to consider while attaining a high level security for the data rooms. Also, being an international standard these security techniques evaluate the performance of the organization’s information security management systems.